Type 1 47mm Anti-Tank Gun
- Introduced Year : 1942
- Caliber : 47 mm
- Barrel Length : 2.5265 m (L53.7)
- EL Angle of Fire : -11 to +18 Degrees
- AZ Angle of Fire : 58 Degrees
- Shell Weight : 1.5 Kg
- Muzzle Velocity : 830 m/sec
- Penetration : 52 mm/1,000 m, 64 mm/500 m
- Weight : 0.8 ton
- Range : 6,900 m
- Production Qty : Approx. 2,300
After the Nomonhan Incident, IJA started the development of new AT, considering that Type 94 would be ineffective against Soviet new tanks. However, Type 1 was late to the openning of the Pacific War and Japanese infantries had to fight desperately against Allied M3 Light Tank.
This AT was also used as the main gun of Shinhoto Chi-Ha.
Type 1 was insufficient against Allied Medium Tank M3 or M4, but the Japanese failed to develop the successor of Type 1. Type 1 has been used until the WWII ended.