Copyright of Senzen Senpaku
Tank Landing Ship "SS-Tei"
- Introduced Year : 1942
- Displacement : 948 ton
- Dimensions: 63.02 x 9.60 m
- Speed (max) : 12.7-13.7 knots
- Engine : Diesel Engine 1,200PS
- Armaments : Type 88 75mm AA Gun x 1, 20mm AA Machine Cannon x 4, 150mm Mortar x 1, 7.7mm MG x 4
- Loading Capacity : 630 tons
- Production Qty : 20
SS-Tei is the Japanese LST. It loads 4 medium tanks and has a gate at bow to load and unload tanks. SS-Tei was used for the transport in the Pacific. Some were used by the IJN and they were called "ES-Tei".